Hello friends! I’m here with your Monday’s edition of the Birmingham Daily, packed with everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city.
But first today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and pleasant. High: 65 Low: 46.
📢 I am looking for Business Owners and Marketers in Birmingham who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top three stories in Birmingham today:
- Crumbl Cookies will be expanding in the Birmingham area. The upscale Cookie franchise will open two new locations in the metro area. The first expansion location is at 100 Colonial Promenade Parkway at Alabaster Promenade and opened on November 18. The second expansion location is at 260 Rele Street next to tasc Performance; It is unclear when this location will open. (AL.com)
- The Birmingham Police Department reports that one person has died as a result of a shooting on Saturday in a south-west area of Birmingham. Jerrod Excell Turner, 30, was shot dead at the 2800 block of 29th Street SW. Responding officers found his unresponsive body in the driveway of a vacant house. As of Sunday, the department has made no arrests in the case. (AL.com)
- Birmingham City Schools will participate in a program to improve math scores. The district had 13 schools on the state’s list of failing schools. The new program aims to help schools get off the list. The program costs about $240,000 and provides teachers with the tools needed to improve math teaching. (WBRC)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Birmingham Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Birmingham Daily possible.
Today in Birmingham:
- UAB Toy Drive At the University of Alabama at Birmingham (full day)
- Autumn wreath craft At the Woodlawn Branch Library (9:00 a.m.)
- Holiday Recipes At the West End Branch Library (9am)
From my notebook:
- Looking for a new home? consider it Listing of the latest properties to hit the market in the Birmingham area. Click here for the full listing of properties, which includes prices, photos and dimensions of the property. (Birmingham patch)
- Birmingham Zoo lights up for Glow Wild. Check out the ticket details for this unmissable holiday event. (The Birmingham Zoo via Facebook)
- The Alabama Theater is showing Elf on Monday, December 19 at 2:00 p.m Click on the ticket details link. (Alabama Theater)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the know and ready to hit the road this Monday! Up soon.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio was born and raised in Rhode Island and now lives in New York. She is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, she can be found traveling, drinking tea or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.