Get up, T-Town! Grab your coffee and let’s kick off this Tuesday morning with the most important headlines from around the city.
In today’s Daily we have these stories and more…
- Auburn’s new coach.
- Northport road renewal.
- Santa Claus is coming to Lake Lurleen.
But first today’s weather: become cloudy. High: 69 Low: 58. 🌞
⚡️ Attention local business owners and marketers in Tuscaloosa! I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that is you, then I invite you to secure your place now. Click here to learn more.
🗣 patch shout out 🗣
Our shout out for this Tuesday morning goes to the West Alabama Chamber of Commerce Director of Membership Engagement, Alicia Gregory, who was selected as a Top 40 Under 40 honoree by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE). (Tuscaloosa Patch)
🗞 Here are the top 5 stories in Tuscaloosa today 🗞
- The City of Northport confirmed to Patch on Monday that it will begin resurfacing a long list of the city’s streets this week. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- Multiple reports have confirmed that Liberty University head coach Hugh Freeze is to be announced as Auburn University’s next head coach. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- Lake Lurleen State Park has announced that it will be hosting its first-ever edition of “Santa in the Park” on Friday and Saturday this week from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- In the face of drastic budget cuts for the Tuscaloosa public library system, here’s the story of how the local Friends of the Library bookstore is still giving back to the community (Rachel Seale, Crimson White)
- Check out where the Alabama men’s basketball team ended up in the first rankings released after the Crimson Tide upset No. 1 North Carolina on Sunday. (Mike Rodak, AL.com)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Tuscaloosa Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Tuscaloosa Daily possible.
🗓 Today in Tuscaloosa 🗓
- 2022 Breakfast & Business @ Alabama ONE (More)
- Holiday Karaoke & Sing Along @ The Lookout Rooftop Bar (More)
- Annual tree lighting and sing-along @ Shelton State Community College (More)
❤️ Our media partners ❤️
Tuscaloosa Patch is proud to be a media partner of WVUA 23 News at the University of Alabama and Tuscaloosa Radio. Catch their great content and our headlines here and there on your cable provider, online and for our radio partners on the following stations: 92.1 The Possum, 102.1 WJRD, Rock 106.3 and 96.1 The Blessing.
5️⃣ Other stories I read today
- Meteorologists warn of tornado danger in parts of the south (Associated Press)
- The alleged victim is demanding that the charges against Perry Hooper be dropped (Josh Moon, Alabama political reporter)
- Alabama coaches recognize 12 players of the week after Iron Bowl (Charlie Potter, Bama Online)
- Forward Gianna Paul could be an X factor for Alabama Soccer (Mason Smith, Bama Central)
- Most popular baby girl names in Alabama (CBS 42 News)
🙏 obituaries 🙏
Dylan Wayne Honoll, 29 by Fayette (Nelson Funeral Home)
Wyman Blakney84 by Fayette (Norwood-Wyatt Funeral Home)
All right, you’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tuscaloosa Daily? Contact me at [email protected]