Good morning everyone! I’m back with your fresh copy of the Birmingham Daily. Here’s all the community news you need to know right now.
But first today’s weather:
Significant turbidity. High: 64 Low: 55.
Business Owners and Marketers in Birmingham: Want to Raise Awareness? with local customers? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top 3 stories in Birmingham today:
- The Birmingham Police Department reports that a Birmingham teenager died at a local hospital after being shot dead in a vehicle on Thanksgiving Eve. The teenager arrived at UAB hospital around 6:50 p.m. with gunshot wounds. Another teenager is recovering from non-life threatening injuries. The shooting did not appear to be accidental, according to the department. (WVTM13 Birmingham)
- The Salvation Army of Greater Birmingham is offering a new affordable way to give back to those in need this holiday season. The organization’s project share allows participants to pay a small premium on their energy bill each month to help reduce the bill of others. The program has helped nearly three thousand people and spent more than $450,000 on energy bills. See the link for details on how to participate. (WBRC)
- The Birmingham Police Department is still searching for a suspect who stole an Amazon delivery truck. The incident happened on Sunday, November 20 at 6th Street North. The van has been recovered, but the suspect is still at large. Anyone with information is asked to contact the department. (WVTM13 Birmingham)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Birmingham Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Birmingham Daily possible.
- Do you feel a little overwhelmed by the current housing market? consider it Listing of the latest properties to hit the market in the Birmingham area. Click on the link to see the full listing of properties which includes prices, photos and dimensions of the property. (Birmingham patch)
- The Fab Four will perform at the Alabama Theater on Friday, December 2nd. Click on the link for ticket details. (Emporium)
- Holiday spectacle 2022 will be on view at the Red Mountain Theater Arts Campus in Birmingham on Sunday December 4th at 2pm (Iron City Ink).
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all Monday for another update!
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio was born and raised in Rhode Island and now lives in New York. She is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, she can be found traveling, drinking tea or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.