TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – #7 Alabama (9-2, 5-2 SEC) hosts Auburn (5-6, 2-5) in their 12th and final game of the regular season today. The Crimson Tide and Tigers will face off at Bryant-Denny Stadium with the conference matchup beginning at 2:39 pm CT and airing live on CBS.
Alabama and Auburn will meet for the 87th time in Iron Bowl history as the state’s rivals battle it out this afternoon. The Crimson Tide has an all-time advantage of 48-37-1 in the long-running series dating back to 1893. The regular-season finale for both teams will be only their 12th fixture at Bryant-Denny Stadium and 14th overall in Tuscaloosa. The Tide is currently on a five-game winning streak at home. Alabama head coach Nick Saban is 12-8 all-time against AU, including a 10-5 mark at The Tide. Saban is also 6-1 at BDS against the Tigers. Auburn’s interim head coach Carnell Williams meets UA for the first time.
Game Links: CLOCK | LISTEN | STATISTICS
Follow live updates and analysis in the area below by refreshing the page and join the discussion in the BamaOnLine Round Table connection thread by CLICKING HERE.
– Nick Saban says in his pre-game radio interview with CTSN that Jahmyr Gibbs, Cameron Latu and Eli Ricks are all available today.
– Jahmyr Gibbs (ankle) is decked out and competes in the warm up.
– Tyler Steen (ankle) works with the first-team O-line during a warm-up. Seth McLaughlin also takes center stage again with those in pregame.
– Cameron Latu (ankle) is back at the top of the tight end line as the position group runs routes.
– Eli Ricks (head) works on the left corner with those in pregame.
– Alabama wins the draw and decides to move it to the second half. Auburn receives the inaugural kickoff.
– Auburn is flagged for a false start before making his first play.
– Alabama forces a three-and-out to open the game. The defense, the touchline and the crowd are all going crazy.
– Jahmyr Gibbs, Cameron Latu and Tyler Steen all start the game on offense. Gibbs gets the first carry and makes 13 yards for AU’s 47.
– Bryce Young runs out just short of the line to win and UA will stab off the Auburn 46.
– Robby Ashford breaks free for a 25-yard gain to the Auburn 45.
– Eli Ricks seemed to have a TFL, but Tank Bigsby avoids the tackle and takes the first to 41 from UA.
– Pass interference on Eli Ricks gives Auburn the ball at the Alabama 26.
TOUCHDOWN: Auburn 7, Alabama 0 (8:31)
– Robby Ashford considers it a 24-yard rushing score.
– Bryce Young searches deep for Jermaine Burton, who clinches a 52-yard pass on the AU 10.
TOUCHDOWN: Alabama 7, Auburn 7 (6:25)
– Bryce Young thinks it’s a 5-yard rushing score.
– Auburn goes three-and-out on his third drive and real freshman WR Emmanuel Henderson almost gets the punt. UA takes over at own 35.
– Auburn’s Derick Hall is down and getting the attention of coaches.
TOUCHDOWN: Alabama 14, Auburn 7 (1:37)
– Bryce Young beats Jase McClellan for a 10-yard score.
– Jarquez Hunter fumbles and DJ Dale gets it back at the Auburn 48.
Did you know that BOL has a podcast? The BamaOnLine podcast brings you the latest Alabama news and insights from Travis Reier, Charlie Potter, Hank South and Tim Watts. Watch the latest episode exactly here or subscribe on iTunes today!
Contact Charlie Potter via personal message or on Twitter (@Charlie_Potter).