TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — The Alabama football coaching team selected 12 Players of the Week Monday after the Crimson Tide’s 49-27 win over Auburn in the Iron Bowl.
A total of seven offensive players were selected alongside two defensive players and three special teams.
On offense, quarterback Bryce Young was named along with the entire offensive line. Young totaled four touchdowns — three passing and one rushing — along with 343 passing yards in a 20-on-31 attempt. He also rushed five times for 48 yards.
The offensive linemen credited were Tyler Booker, Javion Cohen, Emil Ekiyor Jr., JC Latham, Seth McLaughlin and Tyler Steen. Over the course of the game, Young received zero layoffs while the offensive line also created holes for running backs to rush 173 yards.
Fullback Will Anderson Jr. and defenseman Brian Branch were selected for defense. Anderson recorded five tackles total, including three for losses and two sacks, and two quarterback rushes. Branch recorded eight tackles, including one for loss.
Wide receiver Ja’Corey Brooks, punter James Burnip and running back Emmanuel Henderson Jr. were named on the special teams. Brooks returned three kickoffs for 57 yards, Burnip averaged 45.3 yards per punt from three punts, while Henderson ended the game with a tackle at kickoff coverage.
Here’s the full press release, courtesy of Alabama Athletics:
Alabama’s coaching staff selects 12 Player of the Week after Iron Bowl win
Seven on offense, two on defense, and three on special teams were recognized.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — The Alabama coaching staff selected 12 Players of the Week after the Crimson Tide’s dominant 49-27 win over Auburn last Saturday. Tyler Booker, Javion Cohen, Emil Ekiyor Jr., JC Latham, Seth McLaughlin, Tyler Steen and Bryce Young on offense; Will Anderson Jr. and Brian Branch on defense; and Ja’Corey Brooks, James Burnip and Emmanuel Henderson Jr. on special teams were all recognized for their efforts in winning the Iron Bowl.
Crimson Tide Offensive Line
- Banned for a Crimson Tide offense that totaled 516 yards and seven touchdowns on the day
- Keeps Bryce Young up with zero sacks allowed as the junior throws for 343 yards and three points
- Opened holes for the Tide Ground Game to muster 173 yards and four touchdowns while averaging an impressive 5.1 yards per dead
Scroll to Next
- Put together another impressive performance, accounting for four touchdowns and 391 yards in total offense
- Completed 20 of 31 passes for 343 yards and three touchdowns
- Added five rushes for 48 yards and one score
- Surpassed 3,000 yards in yards against the Tigers, becoming the only quarterback in Alabama history to throw for 3,000 yards in two seasons
Will Anderson Jr.
- Spent the night in the Auburn Backfield
- Finished with five tackles, including three tackles for losses (-12 yards) and two sacks (-11 yards)
- Also contributing were two quarterback hats, part of the eight total Tide as a unit
- Recorded eight tackles, including one for loss (-1 yard)
- Helps the Alabama Secondary limit the Tigers to just 77 yards through the air on an 11-of-23 pass
Yes’ Corey Brooks
- He returned three kickoffs for 57 combined yards on a 24 long
- Added a team high that connected four receptions for 76 yards and a touchdown from his wide receiver post
- 133 total all-purpose yards at the end of the day, good for second place at UA
- Pricked three times for 136 yards to average 45.3 yards per shoe
- Had a long punt from 47 that was muted and eventually snapped by UA for a huge turnover before halftime
Emmanuel Henderson Jr.
- He continued to make significant contributions to Tide’s cover units
- Finished with a tackle on kickoff coverage