TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama coaching staff selected 12 Players of the Week after the Crimson Tide’s dominant 49-27 win over Auburn last Saturday. Tyler Booker, Javion Cohen, Emil Ekiyor Jr., JC Latham, Seth McLaughlin, Tyler Steen and Bryce Young in attack; Will Anderson Jr. and Brian branch on defense; and Yes’ Corey Brooks, James Burnip and Emmanuel Henderson Jr. on special teams were all recognized for their efforts to win the Iron Bowl.
Crimson Tide Offensive Line
- Banned for a Crimson Tide offense that totaled 516 yards and seven touchdowns on the day
- Held Bryce Young upright with zero sacks allowed while the junior threw for 343 yards and three points
- Opened holes for the Tide Ground Game to muster 173 yards and four touchdowns while averaging an impressive 5.1 yards per dead
- Put together another impressive performance, accounting for four touchdowns and 391 yards in total offense
- Completed 20 of 31 passes for 343 yards and three touchdowns
- Added five rushes for 48 yards and one score
- Surpassed 3,000 yards in yards against the Tigers, becoming the only quarterback in Alabama history to throw for 3,000 yards in two seasons
Will Anderson Jr.
- Spent the night in the Auburn Backfield
- Finished with five tackles, including three tackles for losses (-12 yards) and two sacks (-11 yards)
- Also contributing were two quarterback hats, part of the eight total Tide as a unit
- Recorded eight tackles, including one for loss (-1 yard)
- Helps the Alabama Secondary limit the Tigers to just 77 yards through the air on an 11-of-23 pass
Yes’ Corey Brooks
- He returned three kickoffs for 57 combined yards on a 24 long
- Added a team high that connected four receptions for 76 yards and a touchdown from his wide receiver post
- 133 total all-purpose yards at the end of the day, good for second place at UA
- Pricked three times for 136 yards to average 45.3 yards per shoe
- Had a long punt from 47 that was muted and eventually snapped by UA for a huge turnover before halftime
Emmanuel Henderson Jr.
- He continued to make significant contributions to Tide’s cover units
- Finished with a tackle on kickoff coverage
Get the latest on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. Also, for general esports news, follow UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.