The University of Georgia is a 37.0 point favorite against rival Georgia Tech on Saturday afternoon. With a win, Georgia will complete its second straight undefeated regular season for the first time in program history.
Georgia head coach Kirby Smart is looking to improve his record to (6-1) against the Yellow Jackets, with the only loss of Smart’s first season as head coach coming in Athens.
The Bulldogs are a relatively healthy football team at this point in the season, despite losing a few defensive starters throughout the season. Seniors Dan Jackson and Nolan Smith will not return in 2022 after undergoing season-ending surgery.
That being said, Georgia’s starters who find themselves on the injury report are either struggling with nagging injuries from previous competitions or are struggling through nagging injuries that last all season, as is the case with WR Adonai Mitchell.
Smart updated the status of several key players on Monday:
On Tate Ratledge:
“Tate had a shoulder subluxation, he probably could have walked but he wasn’t feeling well and we gave Devin and Willock a chance to play.”
Scroll to Next
About Adonai Mitchell:
“AD was similar last week to previous weeks. He was able to get some speed and do some runs but he wasn’t able to train with the team. And that’s the goal.”
- Javon Bullard, DB (IN) – Bullard traveled and played against Kentucky
- Nolan Smith, EDGE (OUT) – Smith exited the matchup against Florida with a chest tear and is out for the season.
- Tate Ratledge, OL (Limited) – Ratledge traveled but did not play against Kentucky
- Robert Beal, OLB (Probably) – suffered a stinger against Tennessee.
- Amarius Mims, OL (IN) — Mims made a full return to action against Kentucky.
- Xavier Truss, OL (IN) – Truss is struggling with a toe injury but has been playing for the past two weeks.
- Adonai Mitchell, WR (OUT) — Mitchell suffered from a high ankle sprain, sources said. He saw his first action since Samford against Auburn but didn’t play against Vanderbilt, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State or Kentucky.
- Darris Smith, EDGE (Limited) – Smith suffered a head/neck injury during Florida competition and has returned to practice via Kirby Smart.
- Andrew Paul, RB (knee) AUS – suffered a cruciate ligament rupture. He is out for the season and will have surgery, according to Smart.
- Dan Jackson (shoulder) – OUT for the season following surgery.
- Drew Bobo, OL (Shoulder) – OUT
You may also like:
Join the community:
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinBA
Subscribe to our YouTube page HERE.
YYou can follow us for future coverage by clicking ‘Follow’ at the top right of the page. Likewise, Be sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven & follow us on Twitter at @DawgsDailyFN