BATON ROUGE, La. –LSU (15-13, 9-9 SEC) fell to Georgia (22-7, 13-5 SEC), 3-0 (16-25, 24-26, 23-25) at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center on Saturday.
Outside hitter Sanaa Dotson led LSU with 13 kills, and outside hitter Paige Flickinger trailed with 11 kills and 10 digs for her ninth double-double of the season. Middle blocker Anita Anwusi racked up six kills and finished the game with four team-strength blocks, including one solo block.
Setter Josie Vondran had 19 assists, three kills, three digs and a block, while setter Maddie Waak finished with 13 assists and four digs.
Defensive specialist Jill Bohnet led the Tigers with 13 digs and sweeper Ella Larkin was next with 11 digs, adding six assists and an ace.
- LSU scored the first three points of the game and led 4-1 before Georgia scored four straight points to take the lead and held a 15-10 advantage at the media timeout.
- The Bulldogs built a 17-11 lead after a 5-1 run but were forced to time out when the Tigers had four unanswered points to draw within two points at 17-15.
- After the time-out, Georgia scored the next six points and ended the opening set with an 8-1 run to win 25-16.
- The Bulldogs led the Tigers 15:14 at the media timeout. After the break, the visiting club capitalized on a 4-2 run to build a 19-16 lead, urging LSU to call their first time-out of the set.
- LSU put together a 5-3 run to go to a point at 22-21 and Georgia signaled time.
- The Tigers split the set after a 22-point kill from Vondran, and each club scored two points and used their final timeouts with a score of 24. Georgia recorded back-to-back kills to win the second set 26-24.
- LSU took an early timeout, trailing 8-3, but fought back, forcing Georgia to call for time while still leading 14-11.
- The Tigers eventually scored five straight points to tie the set at 14 and took their first lead of the set at 18-17.
- From that moment there were five draws and three lead changes, but Georgia prevailed 25-23.
The NCAA Selection Show is scheduled for Sunday, November 27 at 6:30 pm CT. The Tigers will host a watch party in the Lawton Room’s Bowl Room, with doors opening to the public at 6:15 p.m
Support LSU Volleyball directly by contributing to the Volleyball Excellence Fund today!
For the latest Tiger Volleyball news and information, visit www.lsusports.net/volleyball. Fans can also follow the team on social media at www.facebook.com/lsuvolleyball and @lsuvolleyball on Instagram Twitter.