MALVERN, PA – There’s plenty to do on the Upper Main Line to get the winter holiday season off to a good start.
Christmas and Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights, overlap this year, with Hanukkah occurring December 18-26.
Christmas, of course, falls on December 25, but you don’t have to wait to enjoy all the sights and sounds of the holiday season.
Here are some holiday events in the Malvern area:
- Longwood Christmas: The world famous Longwood Christmas in Kennett Square features dozens of Christmas trees, 500,000 lights and fountains. Tickets are required to visit the holiday exhibitions. More information can be found here.
- Wayne Business Association: Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Friday, December 2, in downtown Wayne. The celebrations include carriage rides, crafts, Christmas carolers and are crowned with the arrival of Santa Claus.
- Breakfast with Santa: The Inn at Villanova University, 601 County Line Road, Wayne, PA is offering Breakfast with Santa on Sunday, December 11th. There are two seatings: 8:00am to 9:30am and 10:30am to noon. The cost is $33 for adults; $25 for children ages three to 12 and free for children under two. Registration is possible.
- Chester County’s Chabad Lubavitch hosts Hanukkah at the courthouse on Sunday 18 December. The event begins at 3:30pm with a parade departing from Chester County’s Chabad, 946 N. Valley Forge Road, Devon. A public lighting of the menorah will cease at 4:30 p.m. outside the Historic County Courthouse. Music, donuts, latkes, hot drinks, and crafts will be featured. More information can be found here.
- Luminous winter nights: Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens celebrates winter with lights from 5pm to 6.30pm or 6.30pm to 8pm Friday 9th December to Sunday 11th December at the Arboretum and Gardens, 631 Berwyn Baptist Road, Devon. Guests are invited to bundle up for a stroll to the pond while enjoying glowing lanterns. Food and drinks will be provided. A giant wreath is also on display, providing a backdrop for a holiday photo. Tickets are available here.
- Santa’s Fast Train: The train offers a 75-minute journey across the country. Departs 11am, 1pm and 3pm on 3rd, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th December from Market Street Station, 230 E, Market St., West Chester. The cost is: adults $30, children $25 and infants $10. More information can be found here.
- West Chester’s Professional Gingerbread House Competition. Visitors can vote for their favorites at six downtown venues. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce.
- Christmas trees: It’s never too late for a fresh Christmas tree.
- KOP purchase: One of the largest malls in the country, King of Prussia Mall also has lots of festive decorations and great gift deals.