RADNOR, PA — Santa Claus is returning to the Radnor Township area this holiday season after a few years of COVID-19 restrictions that made it almost impossible for children to speak to Santa in person to prove they were good his boys and girls last year.
Visits and pictures with Santa are at the heart of many families’ holiday traditions, but the coronavirus pandemic has scuttled that.
Santa is making the rounds this holiday season, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is suggesting that children and adults continue to wear masks as a precaution.
Delaware County is still mid-level as the CDC reports Saturday that 78 out of 100,000 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The latest systems include low-grade fever, sore throat and congestion.
Radnor Township offers free parking during the holiday season.
Free parking is available in Radnor Township from today (Small Business Saturday, ) through Saturday 31 December.
No need to feed the meters.
Throughout the holiday season, businesses are hoping that local people will shop, eat and party.
The community thanks small businesses during the holiday season.
Virtual visits to Santa are still an option in many places, but there’s nothing quite like seeing jolly old St Nick live and in person.
At Radnor, children have several options:
- Wayne Business Association: Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Friday, December 2, in downtown Wayne. The celebrations include carriage rides, crafts, Christmas carolers and are crowned with the arrival of Santa Claus.
- King of Prussia Plaza: Visit Santa outside of Nordstrom, Sunday, November 27, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Friday, December 9, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Santa’s Fast Train: Departs Market Street at 11am, 1pm and 3pm on 3rd, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th December. Train Station, 230 E, Market St., West Chester. 75 minute drive. Cost L: Adult $30, Child $25 and Infant $10. More information can be found here.
- Breakfast with Santa; Neiman Marcus, King of Prussia Shopping Centre, 160 Gulph Road, 9am Sunday 19 December, reservations required and available here.
- Phoenixville Fire Department: Sunday, December 4, 1-4pm, 150 Paradise St.
- West Chester Christmas Paradee: 6:30pm Friday 2 Dec Market Street to Gay Street
- Dicken’s Village at Macy’s Center City Store: Philadelphia, Sunday through Saturday, December 23, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 24 December Reservations are possible here.