PENNSYLVANIA, Pa. (WHTM) – The 2022-23 ski season is upon us, so get ready to hit the lifts at these popular Pennsylvania ski resorts.
Roundtop Mountain Resort
Roundtop Mountain will open for skiing and snowboarding on Friday, December 16, 2022. Roundtop hours of operation are:
- Monday/Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Wednesday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Saturday/Sunday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m
Roundtop was purchased by Vail Resorts in 2019, so the mountain now uses the Epic Pass (daily pass or season pass). Epic Season Pass pricing is on sale through December 4th.
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Seven Springs, another mountain owned by Vail-Resorts, is currently set to open its ski and snowboard season on Friday, November 25, 2022. Seven Springs will be open during these times:
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm for skiing/snowboarding and from 1pm to 8pm for tubing
- Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 9pm for skiing/snowboarding and from 9am to 8pm for tubing.
Jack Frost Big Boulder
Celebrate an Anniversary Season at Jack Frost Big Boulder (JFBB)! The start of this year’s season marks 50 years of operation for Jack Frost and 75 years for Big Boulder. Five new lifts and four new trails have been added to honor this milestone. Jack Frost opens for the season on Friday, December 2, 2022 while Big Boulder opens on Friday, December 16, 2022.
Jack Frost’s business hours are:
- Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Weekends from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (holiday times may vary)
Big Boulder will operate from:
- Monday to Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Weekends from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (holiday times may vary)
JFBB will also feature a schedule of live bands broadcast at both resorts throughout the season. Vail Resorts Epic Passes are also used for Jack Frost Big Boulder.
Liberty Mountain Resort
Liberty Mountain Resort opens its ski and snowboard season on Friday, December 16th. The Liberty is open:
- Monday to Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m
Liberty Mountain Resort is owned by Vail Resorts and accepts Epic Day Passes and Epic Season Passes.
Whitetail ski resort
Whitetail Ski Resort begins its ski and snowboard season on Friday, December 16th. The mountain is open:
- Monday to Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Thursday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m
Tussey Mountain in Boalsburg began making snow on Monday, November 21st. An official opening day has not yet been announced, according to a post on the mountain’s Facebook page.
Blue Mountain Resort
As of November 21, 2022, Blue Mountain Resort has turned on its mountain lights and begun full snow production. According to a Facebook post, Blue Mountain Resort is expected to begin its season on Friday, November 25, 2022. The start date on November 25th is weather dependent. Both lodges will be operational on opening day.
Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley is scheduled to start its ski/snowboard season on Friday December 23, 2022.
- Monday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Thursday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (tubing on Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Tubing from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Tubing from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Laurel Mountain Ski Area
Laurel Mountain Ski Resort, which features Pennsylvania’s steepest ski slope with a gradient of nearly 60%, will open its ski/snowboard season on Friday, December 23, 2022. Laurel Mountain’s operating hours are:
- Closed on Mondays
- Tuesday to Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Saturday: 9am – 9pm
- Sunday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m
Laurel Mountain first opened in 1940 and boasts 761 feet of verticality.
Blue Knob All Seasons Resort
Blue Knob, billed as Pennsylvania’s highest driveable mountain, is scheduled to open on Wednesday, November 23, 2022. Limited grounds will be open on November 23, the resort will close for Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 24 and reopen on Friday, November 25 through Sunday, November 27 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm regular season hours for Blue Knob are:
- Monday to Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m
- Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
More places and mountains will be added as information becomes available