2022 NCAA Tournament Bracket
GREENSBORO, NC (theACC.com) – Three teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference play the round of 16 of the 2022 NCAA men’s soccer championship on Sunday.
Syracuse, No. 3, entertains Cornell No. 14 on Sunday afternoon, while Duke, No. 7, hosts FIU No. 10. Pitt heads out Sunday night to take on top seeded Kentucky. The ACC’s three teams in the round of 16 have the most conferences.
Sunday 27 Nov
NCAA Round of 16
No. 10 FIU at No. 7 Duke | ESPN+ | 13 o’clock
No. 14 Cornell at No. 3 Syracuse | ESPN+ | 14 o’clock
Pitt ranked Kentucky’s #1 | ESPN+ | 6 p.m
Friday-Saturday, 2nd-3rd December
NCAA Quarterfinals Campus Sites
Friday 9th December and Monday 12th December
NCAA College Cup; WakeMed Football Park, Cary, NC
Considering ACC men’s football
• Eight ACC teams have received applications for the 2022 NCAA tournament, the most of any conference in that tournament. The ACC also won four of the top eight national seeds: ACC champions Syracuse (3), Virginia (4), Clemson (6), and Duke (7).
• This is the 10th consecutive season that the ACC has seeded the most teams in the tournament and the 22nd consecutive season that at least five league teams have received an application.
• ACC teams have won 18 NCAA men’s soccer championships, including nine since 2001. Clemson is the reigning champion, having won his first national championship since 1987 last season (third in program history).
• The ACC represented two of the four teams in the 2021 NCAA Men’s College Cup (Clemson, Notre Dame) and has had at least one conference team in the men’s College Cup in 20 of the last 21 seasons.
• Six current ACC programs have won at least one national championship, the most of any conference. Eleven different league programs have reached the Men’s College Cup. Sixty-one ACC teams have reached the all-time men’s collegiate cup.
• Virginia has won seven NCAA men’s soccer championships, the third most of all time. Clemson (3), North Carolina (2), Duke (1), Notre Dame (1), and Wake Forest (1) have also won titles.
• Syracuse (10 games, 7-0-3) owns the ACC’s longest active unbeaten streak.
• Syracuse won the 2022 ACC Championship on November 13, beating Clemson 2-0 in Cary, NC. It was SU’s second ACC crown (2015).
• There have been six different champions in the last six ACC tournaments (Wake Forest, Louisville, Virginia, Clemson, Notre Dame, Syracuse).
• Syracuse won the Atlantic Division title for the first time since 2014, although this is their first overall title.
• In the final NCAA RPI release, four ACC teams were in the top 10 and five in the top 25. Both totals were the highest of any conference. Syracuse ranked #1 in the RPI.
• Five ACC teams were ranked in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll. That’s the most of a league. Nine ACC teams were ranked at some point that season.
• Syracuse was #3 in the most recent USC poll, followed by Duke (4), Virginia (11), Clemson (18) and Wake Forest (20).
• Seven ACC teams rank in the nation’s top 30 on schedule: Virginia (1), Louisville (2), Clemson (4), Pitt (7), Boston College (9), Syracuse (17) and North Carolina (27th). ). ).
• Duke (.471) ranks second nationally for fewest goals allowed per game, while Syracuse (.606) is fourth.
• BC’s Stefan Sigurdarson is seventh nationally with 12 goals. Duke’s Shakur Mohammed and Syracuse’s Levonte Johnson are tied on points-winning goals (six) at the national level. Virginia’s Leo Afonso (four) is 11th in game-winning goals.
• Duke goaltender Eliot Hamill is second nationally in goals-against average (.471). Syracuse’s Russell Shealy is 10th (.636). Hamill ranks second nationally in shutouts (11).
• Pitt’s Filip Mirkovic is fifth nationally in assists (12).
• Seven ACC head coaches rank in the top 50 in NCAA Division I for career wins by active head coaches: Clemson’s Mike Noonan (seventh, 377), UVA’s George Gelnovatch (ninth, 361), Pitt’s Jay Vidovich (15th, , 339), Duke’s John Kerr (34th, 229), Syracuse’s Ian McIntyre, 38th, 226), NC State’s George Keifer (47th, 205) and Wake’s Bobby Muuss (49th, 203).