Friday 25 Nov | 8 p.m. ET
Cassell Coliseum (Blacksburg, Virginia)
against Charleston Southern
Series: VT leads 6-0
Game Notes: Virginia Tech (PDF)
Play by Play: Jon Meterparal
Analyst: Malcolm Huckaby
Stay connected with Tech Men’s Basketball
Virginia Tech Sports Network
Play by Play: Zach Mackey
Analyst: Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech is 6-0 all-time against Charleston Southern, winning by averaging 27.2 points per game.
- The Hokies and the Buccaneers have met five times at the Cassell Coliseum, including the most recent contest – an 87-59 Tech win on December 20, 2016.
- CSU head coach Barclay Radebaugh and Tech head coach mike young (in Wofford) have met head-to-head twice, with each winning at home.
J-MUTTY NAMED TO ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
- Virginia Tech forward Justyn Mutts was named to the Shriners Children’s Charleston Classic All-Tournament Team after averaging a double-double.
- The senior contributed 12.3 ppg, 10.3 rpg while shooting 56.7% from the ground.
- He played in 112:06 of the possible 120 minutes (93.1%).
CLARITY IN THE LOW COUNTRY
- After three games by Tech in Charleston, head coach mike young has gained some clarity on this year’s team’s prospects.
- “I told them I had concerns [entering the tournament]’ Young said of his team. “Nothing outrageous, nothing glaring after our first three games. I needed to see some heat on their butt and see how they would react. The new boys, Maddox and Pedulla in different roles. Three games here, we’ve seen a lot of different situations, we’ve played three good ball teams, and I’m more confident now than I was when we started the journey to the flatlands of the toughness of our side, our side’s determination and our side’s ability to win a number of To play.”
GUESS THE BALL
- A key focus of Coach Young’s system is to rank basketball and thereby limit revenue.
- In six games, the Hokies are averaging 8.3 turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the country and first in the ACC.